Saturday, March 3, 2012

Turning Tribulation Into Triumph

So today has been a lesson in focusing on the positive.

I've become more aware lately of just how negatively I view everything, and I'm making an effort to try to see the good side of things before I start complaining about my problems.

Today was difficult.

But there were a lot of good things.

1. I made it to the north side to pick up my computer.
2. My computer was actually fixed, and it didn't cost me any money.
3. I made it back to the south side and off of 465.
4. There wasn't a lot of traffic to deal with when my car died.
5. Three really great people I've never met and will probably never see again helped me push my car to a nearby parking lot.
6. The cops who couldn't get across the road when I very obviously needed assistance made a quick turn around and came to make sure I was okay and had help coming.
7. My dad answered the phone when I called and told me what to do.
8. I had my AAA card with me.
9. The AAA lady was really nice and called for a tow service.
10. I had my phone to entertain me for the two hours I waited for the tow truck.
11. Hanson, my tow truck driver, was really, really nice. He told me what leeches taste like. He also told me to never go to Saudi Arabia. (He also told me I look 15. Do I really?)
12. Rick Gillam was at the garage when we finally pulled in.
13. Lori and Cris McFall had a spare car I can use in the meantime.

All in all, not how I envisioned my day going when I woke up this morning. But God knew all about it, and everyone was exactly where they needed to be when they needed to be there.

A smile, however, tremulous, feels better than a frown.

(BTW, Arika thinks my car got so jealous of the joy I showed when I got my computer back that it decided to break so we could have an equally tearful reunion. However, my car is clearly unaware of the fact that my computer was under warranty while he - my car's name is Bullet - is very much not. He's in for a rude awakening.)

1 comment:

  1. Anyone named "Hanson" is automatically qualified to be questioned. His comments to you prove my theory to be true.

    As eventful as the day was, I am glad you are okay.

    ReplyDelete