Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Vox Ris

I have a few random thoughts for you today. Life has been all over the place in the last few months, and it's getting to the point where I'm not even surprised when something out of the ordinary happens.

First, I was going to post on Sunday, but realized I didn't have the pics I needed. I wanted to do a proper remembrance post for Japan, but I had family staying and just couldn't get the right mindset. OMS started in Japan in 1901, so we have a great deal of history. Thankfully, our churches and people were okay, but there were a lot of people who weren't. Things like this don't really hit me until I see evidence of it, and that came a few months after the earthquake and tsunami in the form of a prayer letter from a missionary family serving in Japan. They shared the following photos:


Yoshinobu Ryokawa took this photo from the roof of his three-story building just after the earthquake on March 11, 2011. 30 minutes later, the tsunami hit, and Mr. Ryokawa continued taking photos.


I'm not sure how you properly respond to something like that with anything less than horror. It's similar to what I felt as I watched the news after the tornadoes flattened two towns in southern Indiana, not more than an hour from here. It's what I feel every time someone or several someones lose their lives so tragically. And it's happening more often, or maybe I'm just more aware of it, but I can feel Satan's fingers all over the world. And that should definitely terrify you.



Well, my little Bullet is about to be no more. After much deliberation and (I'm ashamed to admit) a few tears, I've decided to scrap my semi-faithful mode of transportation and look for something else. If you know of anything available, I would appreciate the help.


As I mentioned, I had family staying with me this weekend. My cousin and his wife came up from Kentucky for much frivolity and fun (as you can see). We had a grand time window shopping and buying incandescent lightbulbs and eating massive amounts of food. It was really nice to see them and to get out of the house for a bit.


As you can see, work has been incredibly busy lately. Fortunately, I had a little helper!

Seriously, though, work has been a bit crazy with articles and prayer letters and receipts and editing. It's going really well, though, so I can't complain.

Funding for Turkey is slow-going, but I am making progress, which is good.

I have no way to end this, so I think I will just-

No comments:

Post a Comment