Friday, February 17, 2017

The Weekly Wrap-Up: February 13-17, 2017

Is it weird that we're 17 (16 if you're being pedantic) years into the new millennium, and I'm just now starting to get used to thinking of 1995 as 20 years ago?

Anyway.

So early this week, I was reminded of the movie Our Brand Is Crisis.  Not because I've seen it, because I haven't. But I was thinking that the title would be a really good descriptor of our department sometimes.

My boss was in Hawaii on Monday, so I got to field the usual "Whatisgoingonwiththisprojectwhyisn'titdonewehavearealproblemhere" freak outs. This week, it was about Bengali.  (The translation, not the entire language.) Some people from the office are traveling to this specific country next week expecting to do training with the new booklets. And wouldn't you know, the process isn't done. Now I haven't worked with Bengali yet, so I really didn't have an answer for the inquirer. So I shot it up the train. And then it became "we didn't know about the deadline" and "why weren't we informed sooner?"

Neither of which I can answer.

There's no point to this other than it being really hard to keep track of so many projects.

I, of course, have been working on Portuguese all week. And it's likely that I'll be doing it all next week as well. I'm doing three groups at once, which translates to 18 booklets. Not sure exactly how many pages that is. I'm formatting, checking, and finalizing. The formatting and checking is done, so now I'm working on finalizing, which is always the longest part.

If it sounds like I've done at least part of this before, you're not wrong. But we encountered a few problems with the transfiles the first time around, so it was easier to start over.

Sound familiar?

Yeah. We're working out a few kinks.

We'll get there.

In other news, the President of OMS told me this week to "punch the devil in the face."

I call that a win.

No comments:

Post a Comment