Friday, February 10, 2017

The Weekly Wrap-Up: February 6-10, 2017

So.

Good news: My Hindi project is done.

Bad news: I had to do it twice.

Weird news: I got engaged.

While working in the files the first time, I kept noticing some extra text, weird characters, too many overset text boxes - just all around trouble. So I had to figure out why these things were happening. Once I did that, I briefly considered trying to fix each of the issues separately. Ultimately, though, I decided it was easier to just start over. Minus one annoying attempt by my file to pull in an unknown font, I had a much better time of it on the second go.

In the midst of this headache, I found time to record a radio ad. Hence the weird news as referenced above. It's a play on words. As soon as I have the link to the ad, I'll post it, and you can hear for yourselves.

I also got to help with CROSS training this week. On Monday, I helped with the cross-cultures game. They split up into four groups and take on the characteristics of a particular culture. I got to herd the meek, submissive group. Each culture then visits or is visited by another culture. So the meek group gets to interact with the martial, regimented group; the overly friendly, touchy group; and the unmotivated, devil-may-care group. It's one of my favorite exercises for CT.

Then today, I got to show off my swords again! I love this day. And I love people who can appreciate a good weapon.




No comments:

Post a Comment