Tuesday, April 25, 2017

The Weekly Wrap-Up: April 17-20, 2017

You may have noticed that this was a short week for me.

I deserved it.

Monday morning, I ended up in 3 solid hours of meetings. They were mostly good, things that needed to be discussed, but still. No one likes 3 hours of sitting.

I was also having internet trouble. Not sure why my computer did this, but the ethernet conked out, and I wasn't able to access wifi. So that slowed things down even further. I do 90% of my work on the computer, and while I can do some of it without internet, I needed to access the FTP, which requires a network connection. So that sidelined me and left me feeling quite cantankerous. I did my best not to inflict it on anyone, but I'm not sure I succeeded.

Finally, I was able to start finalizing French booklets. And there were a lot of problems. Still are; I'm not done. I think I made it through two booklets in two days because there were so many issues.

One piece of good news is that our Annual Reports arrived! I helped edit and compile this year's report of our 2016 activities. If you'd like a copy, please let me know. I'm not sending them out like I did last year. Postage being what it is and all.

Now Thursday... Thursday was our annual Spring Work Day. And work we did. I spent the morning raking and bagging leaves from the ditch in front of our building. That was fun. Then in the afternoon, I was on the crew assigned to cleaning the fellowship hall. For me, this largely amounted to mopping and buffing the floors. First time I've ever used a floor buffer. The power may have gone to my head.


I'll spare you the photo of the bruise I got from dealing with a rogue bludger. I mean buffer.
And no, I didn't know what color the t-shirts were going to be before I wore those pants. 


Here's the fearless crew that cleaned the fellowship hall. Christner, on the left, is probably the only one you don't know. (I call her that because she calls me Hollopeter. We're not up to first names yet.) I'm not sure why they keep putting Foster, Lori, and I on the same team for things.
It's like they have no sense of history at all. 


I'm taking Friday and next Monday off so I can do some funding and home stuff with my parents. It will be nice to have a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment