Friday, April 7, 2017

The Weekly Wrap-Up: April 3-7, 2017

Oi. I'm going to try to sum up everything about this week, but it's going to be a challenge. First, because it's been a crazy, crazy week. Second, I'm in a bit of a fog. I've had a headache since yesterday.

Now then. Portuguese es finito. Woohoo! Now I'm on to a language I haven't done yet, Tagalog. It's an interesting one. Tagalog is mainly spoken in the Philippines, so there's a lot of words in English. The trick is figuring out which ones are intentional and which are not. Fortunately, all I have to do is log each case for the translator to double check. It's another long language, though. Trying to find room for everything can tax even my creativity. But I shall persevere!

Speaking of persevering - ECC was in charge of our April prayer rally on Wednesday. Fortunately, I didn't have to do much planning. But as it stood, many of our ECC peeps were out of the office this week. So I did have a few parts to play. I think we did a good job. And I suppose it would be hard to get prayer wrong. (I'm only sort of being serious.)

Lots of meetings this week. I have to scrap the new landing page I was working on. C'est la vie. I honestly don't even remember what all the meetings were about. I was here, I was there ... does anyone truly know where they are?

Seriously. Head. Hurts.

I'm working on a personal funding video. Not sure what it will look like. Any suggestions? I also took a prayer card photo. I'm the backup to the backup these days, so I don't get many, but I like keeping my toe in the water.

We had a webinar about retirement yesterday. Logically, I know I should be paying attention. But in reality, it seems really far away, or like something that will never happen. Honestly, it feels a little like gambling (which, incidentally, is partly why the Amish do not pay into Social Security).

Anyway. A lot happened this week. I'll continue with Tagalog next week. And hopefully my headache will be gone by then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment