Friday, April 6, 2018

The Weekly Wrap-Up: April 2-6, 2018

Has this week gone really fast for anyone else? I feel like I blinked and Friday was suddenly here. I suppose it's mostly due to how diligently I focused on my work.

Yep. That's definitely it.

First, last week. I did not post anything. I'm aware of this. It was a short week. Friday was a holiday, and Thursday was a migraine day. Joy. So I hope you can live without hearing about my week for once. It will be a challenge, I know, but my thoughts and prayers are with you. On to this week.

I'm finally in group 6 for Hakha Chin! But only just. Group 5 was kicking my butt. It's incredibly difficult to fit 10 lines of text into a space that was made for 6. It makes me think of the genie in Aladdin. The first and best one. PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER! Itty-bitty living space. But I shall rise to the challenge!

It was a prayer rally week. We heard from the Red Nueva Vida equipo, also known as the New Life Network team. They have been using Train & Multiply, among other things, to plant churches in Hispanic communities around the world. It actually started out as just a U.S. thing, but they now have groups in London, Guatemala, and Colombia, and they are spreading rapidly. Which is good, because that's one of the principles of church multiplication. We also continued the in-depth study of The Lord's Prayer, focusing on the name of God this time. It was fine.

I'll give you a window update before we get to the Pic of the Week. They worked on it pretty steadily last week, which probably contributed to the migraine.

Here's my window before:


Small, yes. And behind me. I can see the reflection of the sun in my computer, though.

Here's my window during:


They did eventually put up a little more plastic in order to cover the rest. I still found some stones in my office when they were done. 

Here's the (mostly) finished product:


Ignore the machine outside. Look! It's a window! Isn't it pretty? It's certainly cleaner, though how long that will last is anyone's guess. 

Okay, so now on to the Pic of the Week. It's actually a set of photos. Feast your eyes upon my backyard on Tuesday. 



There's a river behind those trees. And it normally stays behind those trees. But on Tuesday, the build up of rain finally became too much, and I got a lake instead of a field. I also got the water turned off in my apartment because if we didn't turn it off, the sewage would back up. So there's that. 



I hope that conveys just how close to the garage the water was. It's certainly not been this high since I've lived here, and I'm told the last time it reached these levels was 2008. So if it wants to stick to a 10-year cycle, that's fine. Longer is good, too. 

And of course, by the time I left work five hours later, the water had mostly returned to the confines of its normal wend through the woods. 



Like it never even happened.


No comments:

Post a Comment