Friday, May 1, 2020

The Weekly Wrap-Up: April 27 - May 1, 2020

Okay. Where did we leave off last week?

Oh, right, I was freaking out that I might have to run a Zoominar from my apartment on a laptop that is stealing wi-fi from across the street.

FORTUNATELY, we avoided that eventuality. In hindsight, it seems like a lot of hassle for no reason (the test was negative, thank God), but we were trying to be responsible citizens and keep everyone safe. Just to be sure, we did come on Sunday night and sanitize everything in our hallway. It also gave me a change to reprint all the stuff again after the facilitators made changes over the weekend to their presentations.

Because why not?

I have an excellent filing system.

Yes, this was the week of the big Zoominar for ECC. It was a big (virtual) gathering of our Church Multiplication Facilitators, or CMFs. They are the ones who travel to different countries and meet with national church leaders and pastors, giving encouragement, training, providing resources and support, and generally facilitating the multiplication of churches. Go figure. Because they are usually traveling quite a bit, we really only get them all together once a year in Greenwood. But this year, no one is allowed to travel. So attendance was pretty good. We had about 45 total participants, facilitators, and tech members, and as far as we can tell, each session was quite well attended.

Me, trying to figure out why technology makes life difficult
and yet is so useful at the same time.

We started on Monday and had sessions through Thursday. There were two main sessions every day, one at 9 and one at 10:45ish. There was a 15-minute break in between the two main sessions. Then we had either regional meetings or some kind of chat/presentation at 1:30 and another at 3. My job was to start the main sessions and the regional chats, share whatever slides or videos the facilitators asked for, and set up breakout rooms for the participants. (Zoom has a feature where you can have several smaller meetings inside of the larger meeting. You can put people in a room randomly or manually, and I did both.) I was also a scribe for a day, but my computer apparently didn't like that, so Sarah took over, much to my great relief. I also was a DJ, playing music during the break. No one asked me to. I just did it. 

It sounds kinda simple on this side of things, but trust me, it was very stressful at times.

Note the calendar.

Honestly, most things actually went really well. 


No, really, they did. We had some hiccups, a slight murder or two, but no catastrophic failures or Zoom bombers, so I'm pleased. I wouldn't want to do it all the time, but we pulled off something spectacular in a pretty short amount of time. We are the dream team.

(What's that? There's another day of sessions in May and one in June? I think I'm on vacation then.)

Point is, we had a good week. I wouldn't want to do it all the time, but I feel like we did some good stuff this week.

Also, it wouldn't be us if we didn't have some kind of visual representation of each day. We chose balloons. 


8 balloons, 8 main sessions. They are old, so it took some effort to pop them, but we prevailed! (I should probably clean those up sometime.)

I did say it took some effort, right?
Also, balloons are loud when they pop.

That's about it. That's literally all I did this week. Mike gave me today off, which is good, because I was bone tired. I still came in to take care of some small stuff, but I'm looking forward to a quiet weekend. 

Not like we have any other kind right now, is there?

Bye!

1 comment: