Friday, May 22, 2020

The Weekly Wrap-Up: May 18-22, 2020

This week is brought to you by A.V.

As in audio/visual.

Because all normal things have abandoned us, we're revisiting how everything works now. Which, currently, means that OMS is rethinking how to do Orientation. As you may remember, I usually play a small role during Orientation week - namely, helping teach a history of missions. However, there won't be an in-person training, so our training and development team have been trying to figure out what to do. Ultimately, they decided that half of it will be done via Zoom while the other half will be done via pre-recorded sessions. One of those was my session with Carolyn. She recorded the audio last week, so I spent this week putting together a timeline and some hopefully fun photo elements. (Yes, this is what my plea last week was about. Thanks for the suggestion, Frank!) It actually turned out pretty well, I think. As soon as it's been approved and YouTube verifies my account, I can share a link. It's 37 minutes long, though.

Yes, I listened to 37 minutes of Christian history at least 15 times. Or at least little sections of it over and over and over again. But I'm pleased with the final product. And hopefully, it can (and will need to) be used multiple times until all of this time of assumptionlessness passes.

Other things I've been doing - finally finished my one file-clearing project, but there are always more hiding in the deep recesses of computers. I may get on that, and I may not. I'm also continuing my work on the Spanish booklets. It's going well, albeit slowly. I do a little at a time before I get frustrated with adding and deleting elements. But at least one of them is in a decent place. And I got to edit the online additions to the Outreach magazine. It's just a few more articles, but we still want them to look perfect.

Otherwise, it's been a standard, quiet, lonely week. Still not many people in the office, but people are trickling through more and more, testing the waters. I think it'll be at least another week before we start to see people returning on anything like a regular basis. But who knows, maybe a long weekend will inspire them to return sooner.

This week has been rough as far as health stuff goes. I've been having more dizzy episodes, and I'm also on an antibiotic for other stuff, so that's fun. Plus, I'm not sure how much longer I can mentally deal with the craziness. You can only be at DEFCON 3 for so long before it starts to take a toll. All that to say, your prayers are appreciated.

I hope your Memorial Day is a time of blessing and remembrance.

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment