Friday, October 23, 2020

The Weekly Wrap-Up: October 19-23, 2020



Hey look, it's a new language! And a new dilemma. I've been working on Tamil all week. (No disrespect intended, but I did tell a couple of people this week that this language looks like someone started with the secret code made out of a tic-tac-toe board and then created the rest during an earthquake. It's trippy.) Tamil is spoken primarily in India. And as you can see, the words (or phrases, I can't tell) are quite long. This creates issues with spacing. I did the first group while leaving the paragraphs with full justification, but I moved on to the second group while I wait for the translator to tell me which of these versions is preferred. Honestly, I don't like either of them, but I'd probably ask for left justification just because I've seen how much space there is sometimes. And I like consistency. 

I've also been working on the Zoom bootcamp. We're getting closer, so I'm trying to be supportive and help people when they ask. I'm editing practice sessions and helping consolidate things, and generally just trying to be encouraging. We'll see how it goes. 

We did our annual prayer walk for chapel on Wednesday. Obviously, it was a bit different from normal. But it was still a great experience. I usually stay at HQ and pray over the cubicles and offices. I asked Alex to join me this time. There were a lot more people around than I thought there would be (we wore our masks, don't worry), and definitely more than normal since we usually do this in groups and most people were going out individually and then returning. Anyway, we prayed with the people who were here and prayed over empty spaces and the people who are now working at home. 

Oh, and my prayer letter will be coming out sometime in the next couple of weeks. 

Let's see, that's about it, really. My health stuff is progressing. I had some blood work done this week. That was fun. I have been feeling better most days, so that's good. I appreciate all of the prayers. Definitely keep them coming.

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment