Friday, October 9, 2020

The Weekly Wrap-Up: October 5-9, 2020

It's been a whirlwind of a week for languages. The last group of Hindi is done. And I published a group of French. And now I'm starting Telugu. I'd be hard-pressed to find three more different languages (well, not that hard - I've seen some doozies). But it's been quite interesting to work with each group. And it's nice to get something else published. Telugu has been hanging around for a while as we figured out how to accurately portray it. 


That's Luke 5:5-7. And I only know that because I keep the English booklet up on my other monitor to make sure everything stays in the right place. I couldn't even begin trying to learn this language. Thank the Lord for variety!

We have a new team member! BJ Williamson is coming on to be our full-time translator liaison. This is an important role that had previously been split up between three people before now. Our translators are amazing, but they each have different needs in communication and technology, and it can be difficult to keep track of everything, especially when you already have a few other full-time jobs. BJ has been a missionary in Ecuador for many years, so he has a lot of experience in dealing with other cultures. Plus, he speaks Spanish, so he understands the difficulty inherent in translation. We've been working to get him up to speed so he can be fully immersed by January. 

PLUS, we're working on the ECC retreat for December. I know, I know. Like all things in 2020, we're doing it virtually. But we still have to figure out how to do gifts and some spiritual formation and have time to chat with people. And because it's virtual, we could theoretically invite more people. All things to take into consideration, and we've left it rather late since we didn't know for sure what we'd be doing. COVID really does know how to spoil everything, doesn't it?

That's about it for the week. I'm working on some donor stuff, and I need to get my next prayer letter done, but that will all have to happen in whatever spare moments I can scavenge. I have to find a topic for my prayer letter, first. Any ideas?

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment