Monday, March 22, 2021

The Weekly Wrap-Up: March 15-19, 2021

So I'm writing this in a Word document in the (what turned out to be vain) hope that the Internet will come back before I leave for the day. It's putting a real crimp in my plans for continuing work.

Anyway, another week is in the books. It's been quiet around here; Brian took the week off, so it's just been Sarah and Alex and me. And occasionally Mike. And whomever we chat with on Zoom. So maybe not completely quiet. But definitely on the quieter side. 

The week started off well. I led devotions, and because I like themes and it was the 15th of March, I talked about the Ides and the assassination of Julius Caesar. Excellent devotion topic, I know. But it did have a purpose. Since the Ides of March was a day to settle debts and start the year off fresh, I wanted us to reflect on the last year and the unmet expectations we'd had for it. It's been a rough road for everyone, and I think some people have neglected to really deal with the loss of what we expected to happen that didn't. Regardless of whatever else we lost this past year, we also lost our sense that some things we've held to always be true sometimes aren't. As Christians, we have Truth - it's never going to change. But a lot of people have been floundering, wondering what they can trust in.

I don't necessarily want to get too deep on here, but I thought it was important to think about. 

Lots of work on Tamil this week. I finished another group of booklets. I only had to rearrange four of the five, so that's nice. I wrote a short devotional for a book that someone in the office is putting together. That on is not on assassination. But I did title it "The Valley of the Shadow." So, you know... at least I'm consistent.

We had our T&M committee meeting Thursday and the production meeting on Friday. The committee consists of me, Mike, Larry, Brian, Sarah, Lloyd, and Sherry. Lloyd and Sherry ran Project WorldReach, which entered into a joint venture with OMS to produce T&M back in 2012, but now OMS is the sole copyright holder. It's a long and convoluted story, and if you want to know more, I'm happy to tell you; but suffice to say, Lloyd and Sherry have a vested interest in the future of T&M. We were able to give them a good report, thankfully. There are some concerns about what is going on in certain countries (mostly political stuff - if you're not aware of what's happening in Myanmar, look it up; things are very bad.)

The production meeting also went well. I like getting to talk about more personal things instead of work stuff all the time with my team. You can be praying that Trista and her husband find some staff for the Christian camp they run in Mississippi. And Eliana and Veronica's mother has been ill, so pray for any decisions they have to make. And BJ's son will have his wisdom teeth removed soon. Yuck. I feel for you, kid!

As for me, I'm still setting my small goals and working up to being human again. I hope I'm up to the task.

Bye! 





1 comment:

  1. Super intrigued by the Ides of March devo - I love the idea of taking the time to grieve what we lost last year. (Close to home right now with the loss of my grandmother too.) Things to mourn, things to celebrate, things to stop doing, things to pass on. Thinks, thinks, thinks.

    ReplyDelete