Friday, May 3, 2024

The Weekly Wrap-Up: April 29 - May 3, 2024

I am sad today. 

I have been sad for a few weeks, actually. In my last post, I mentioned that there was some family news. That was three weeks ago. In that time, the family member in question (my Aunt) deteriorated rapidly and passed on Wednesday, May 1. This was completely unexpected and such a shock. That seems really trite and cliche to say, but I don't know how else to describe it. My family has rallied around one another and around my Uncle, but I'm always conscious of the fact that this doesn't go away after the funeral. Life will be different from this point forward. There will always be an absence. 

My consolation right now is the fact that my Aunt and I shared a faith in Jesus. I am confident that I will see her again. But I still miss her.

And in the real world, work goes on. Last week, we had our church multiplication conference. I was busy running tech and being a gopher for the event. I think it went well. There were some hiccups on the audio/visual end, but I don't think most people noticed, which is the goal. From what I heard, we had a good response to the event, so I'll take it as a win. 

I have been trying to catch back up this week. We haven't had many projects come in, but I'm still working on templates. There should be some new languages starting soon, so we have to prep for those. 

Next week, I will be out most of the week for the funeral. I hope to be a support to my family, so I will ask you to pray for me in that role. Pray for my Uncle as he learns to navigate this new life. Pray for my cousin as he figures out what life looks like without his mom. 

Know that I love you.

Call your family. 

1 comment: