Friday, May 17, 2024

The Weekly Wrap-Up: May 13-17, 2024

Ey up!

I have missed you, my friends! There's a line in the seminal 1992 film "Newsies." The characters are discussing their fear of entering the borough of Brooklyn, and Boots says, "I spent a month there one night." (I think the phrase actually showed up on Seinfeld first, but it could also be a reference to a W. C. Fields quote. Anyway.)

That's how time has worked the last few weeks. I was never quite sure what day it was or where I should be or what I should be doing. 

My Aunt's funeral was last week. My dad did the graveside service. It's always so hard to feel like you have to distill someone's life into a short period of time. There's just no way to do someone justice. I'm still working out my own feelings and how my life has irrevocably altered now. I'm sure it will take time to understand all the ways things have changed. 

Thank you for the many messages of support. I have appreciated them, and I know my Uncle has been feeling the prayer support. 

I'm back to work this week. I finally finished the English U template review. Our grand total? ::insertdrumroll:: 243 paragraph changes! This is mostly style fixes, though I did change entire booklet layouts a couple of times. So now we migrate these changes to the rest of our English art sets. Times! (just times, not necessarily fun times)

I do not anticipate the next few weeks to be any less crazy than the last few. I shall endeavor to provide you with quality information and entertainment as I am able. I hope you have profitable and restful weekends. 

Bye!

1 comment: