Friday, January 17, 2020

The Weekly Wrap-Up: January 13-17, 2020

Welcome to my birthday week! It's been pretty decent, though I've had a headache all day, so if I'm not my usual effervescent self, that's why. I'm not overly surprised. It's still a bunch of meetings this week, plus Sarah left me for Asia for two weeks, so I have to figure out how to cope without my partner in crime.

I switched to Castilian this week. It's a pretty smooth language, based on our Latin America Spanish, so I've mostly just been fixing speech bubbles and lengthening text boxes. For whatever reason, the first group always seems to take just a little bit longer to do, but that's fine. We'll get there.

I've also been putting out fires for people. We have a download site for T&M booklets, and no one knows how to use it, but they don't know they don't know how to use it until they try, and it's always right before they absolutely need booklets. (A little forethought never hurt anyone.) So then I have to walk people through it or figure out why it isn't working, which means a lot of phone calls. I don't mind, not really, but I have zero technical knowledge of websites, so it's usually me saying, "I really don't know why you're getting that message, have you cleared the cache? What's a cache? Okay, let's start over."

I also put together an email that will go out to our licensed organizers - basically, anyone who has taken the training or paid $$ to use T&M. Part of their agreement says that they will send a report to us of their activities. We like to know that it's being used and used well, after all. We typically send about 860 emails, and we'll get maybe 15 responses. But they can't say they didn't know!

Like I mentioned, my birthday was on Thursday. It was a pretty quiet day. I had birthday donuts and Chick-fil-a for lunch, and I received some very lovely cards and gifts. It was a nice day. My parents are coming this weekend to celebrate with me. I'm looking forward to it.

And that's about it. I'm gonna go home and hopefully sleep for a long time tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment