Friday, January 10, 2020

The Weekly Wrap-Up: January 6-10, 2020

Well, we've survived the first full week back! It's weird having so many people in the office now. Where have they all been?! No matter, we're here now, and we'll continue to be here until everyone starts traveling again. So, next week.

New year, new resolutions, I guess is the theme we're going with. We had a lot of meetings (a LOT of meetings) this week to talk about project priorities and what things need to be revamped or tweaked or completely overhauled. It's not as much as I feared, because apparently I did an okay job of being production team leader last year. So that's a relief. But I'm all for making things more efficient, so that will be an interesting journey.

We had our first production team meeting of the year today. I wanted to celebrate what we accomplished last year and talk about some of the changes we'll be making. I'm really pleased with the progress that we have made and how we've been able to gel (jell?) as a team. We had a lot of crazy stuff happen to all of us last year, and I think we did a good job of providing support to one another.

Ashley Boner joined us this week! She's taking over some of Hannah's job. Hannah is moving up to Mobi, and we will miss her, but it's nice that she's still in the building at least. Ashley is still funding to be our online training coordinator, which we really need, but we also need someone to do the admin stuff that Hannah was doing, so Ashley will be in part-time. I think we'll have a good time.

There were a lot of frantic moments this week. Not on my part, but it effected me because lots of people needed things RIGHT NOW, and I was apparently the only one who could do it for them. I had someone ask me for help on a 'quick, five-minute' project that, of course, took slightly longer than five minutes. Then someone else was trying to access one of our websites and couldn't get in, which is an immediate problem, yes, but also a larger problem for anyone else trying to use it. But thankfully, all the little issues were resolved successfully, so I'll count that as a win.

And in the meantime, I'm still working on English booklets. I may have to adjust my work as other projects take priority, but that's doable, so I'm not concerned.

And that's about it for the week! It should be a quiet, if wet, weekend. Sounds nice.

1 comment: